Hello! I’m Jenny, the brains behind Fuchsia Beauty. A couple of years ago I swapped the classroom for the exciting world of nails and launched my very own home and mobile-based nail business right here in Bristol. Since then I’ve added a few more strings to my bow and I’m now proud to offer a range of unique and bespoke beauty and holistic treatments for the hands, feet and body.
Me: A Potted History
In 2013, I was thoroughly burnt out. I’d worked in education for over 17 years and it was no longer bringing me the joy it once had. I wanted a change, to be my own boss and more importantly, I wanted a better quality of life.
So I took the plunge and decided to retrain as a nail technician and therapist. I swapped my whiteboard pen for nail files and primary school children for, erm, a rather large collection of OPI nail polishes! Fast forward four years and I’ve never been happier. Today I’m proud to offer a range of treatments, from quality gel manicures, pedicures and unique nail art, to ridiculously relaxing facials, Indian head massages and other holistic treatments.
I’m lucky enough to have an absolutely lovely bunch of loyal clients and get to do what I love all day, every day, helping them to relax and leave looking and feeling sensational. I like to think I’m pretty good at it too – but don’t just take my word for it…
13 Random Things
- When I hear a song I like, I can listen to it over and over without tiring of it. I always sing along if no one else is around.
- I have read Little Women at least 15 times.
- I won 2nd place in a spelling competition in Year 6. I went out on the word ‘baboon’, spelling it ‘babboon’.
- I have lived and taught in Italy and Finland and was even a lecturer at the University of Lapland. (Yes, it’s a real place!)
- When I first watched ET at the cinema, I needed to use the toilet but didn’t because I wanted to watch the film. With hindsight, I should have gone.
- I like the smell of petrol and creosote.
- I used to own an imaginary horse called Champion. If you see her, let me know; she ran away when I was 12 and I haven’t seen her since.
- I abhor fizzy drinks other than prosecco!
- The only detention I got in secondary school was in history. A pupil threw a bottle of tippex at his friend and it hit me on the forehead, bounced on to the table and exploded all over my essay on the discovery of penicillin. I still harbour deep resentment at the teacher for my unwarranted detention.
- I find excessive use of exclamation marks annoying and an incorrectly used apostrophe can fill me with rage!
- I have loved Michael Ball since I was 19 years old and this shows no sign of waning yet.
- My tonsils have been described as freakishly large and my eardrums as ‘tiny as a gnome’ both by suitably qualified medical professionals.
- I was sacked from my first shop job for pretending to be a mannequin in the window with my friends Sian and Chris. Presumably the owners of Pinkie and Perky children’s clothes shop didn’t appreciate our creativity.